Project Controller (32-40 hrs p/week)
About this role
As project controller you are responsible for correct financial reporting and analysis of the
financial data of projects Lygature is involved in. Together with the Finance & Operations
team, the project controller is the financial conscience towards management, business
developers and portfolio managers.
Lygature is facilitating around 30 different national, European and global public-private
partnerships clustered in 4 different portfolios. You are involved in all stages of the projects
from the initiation phase until final reporting. As part of the project team you have contact
with external auditors and auditors from the various funders, including the Dutch government, European Commission and global funders such as the Japanese Global Health Innovative Technologies Fund (GHITFund). It is the project controller’s responsibility that Lygature is compliant with all financial regulations of the various funders.
In a number of these partnerships Lygature is the financial coordinator. As coordinator
Lygature is responsible for the financial transparency of the whole consortium and
communication with the funders.
In addition, Lygature supports high impact public-private initiatives in executing their finances. The support is ranging from administrative tasks till drawing up the annual accounts.
The total annual managed budget of Lygature and the partnerships is around 50-60 million
euros. For additional information on the projects and initiatives facilitated by Lygature, please visit our Projects page.
Lygature works in multidisciplinary teams where the project controller is a vital member of the team together with program managers, communication experts and business developers.
In this position, you will closely collaborate with colleagues within the Finance & Operations
department, Lygature management team, program managers and external funders/clients.
You will report to the Finance Director.
The Project Controller will be responsible for:
- Project finances
- Within one or more portfolio’s responsible for preparing periodic reporting both internal and external, project budgets and consortium finances
- Administrative tasks for initiatives Lygature supports
- Planning and control cycle
- Budget, quarterly reporting, annual reporting and allocation of personnel for projects or initiatives
- Economical risks
- Make sure the organization is compliant with the funding and (EU) subsidy requirements
- Internal control
- Further development and maintenance of the internal control procedures within Lygature and the initiatives Lygature supports
Skills and experience
- A Higher Professional Education (HBO) degree in business economics or accountancy
- Minimal 5 years’ relevant experience within finance departments
- Familiar with project organizations
- Experience in strategic decision making
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Fluency in Dutch and English language (spoken and written)
- A strong work ethic, including the ability to work as part of a team
- Able to meet deadlines, with a hands-on mentality
Lygature is offering
We offer you a challenging and rewarding job in a unique environment. Working at Lygature
will mean that you are part of a diverse team of highly qualified professionals who work at the intersection of science, business and society. Lygature promotes a growth mindset and
stimulates personal development. Our offices are within walking distance of Utrecht Central
Station at the Jaarbeurs Innovation Mile. Lygature is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Information regarding this position can be acquired via Denis Groot, Finance Director
(firstname.lastname@example.org / +31 6 52392516). Your email, including Curriculum Vitae and
cover letter can be sent to Sigrid Rog (email@example.com). Please note that reactions
without a letter of motivation will not be taken into consideration.
Meet the team